Monday, December 5, 2011

Joyful Moments

I wanted to share a few happy moments from today with Austin.  It is so easy to always focus on what we are trying to do for him with school and with fundraising for his service dog that we forget to enjoy the more simple moments.  Today I started watching my Cousin's little boy who is 22 months old.  Normally he is surrounded by girls and women no boys.  He followed Austin around everywhere.  I thought that this might bother Austin, but instead Austin seemed to embrace it, as much as he can anyway.  One of my favorite moments was watching them play with blocks, Austin would build it and then Ethan would knock it down and they would both laugh and laugh.  It was a beautiful thing to see.  When we picked Austin up after school instead of getting in the front seat with me he jumped in back so that he could sit next to Ethan.  It makes me smile just thinking about it.  It was a great day.  I am sitting here counting my blessings and you are among them.  So far we have raised $2200 towards Austin's Autism Service Dog!  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment