Monday, November 7, 2011

Full Time Job

Being Austin's Mom is a full time job, and sometimes I feel like I should be fired lol.  Take today for instance.  I have been so focused on the fundraising for the service dog this last week that I have forgotten to check online to see his grades at school etc.  Well that was a big whoops, he is failing 3 classes.  I am not quite sure how that happened seeing as no one has let us know this was happening.  So I have been emailing his advocate and his IEP team all day scheduling a meeting.  We will be meeting Thursday afternoon to discuss the many changes that were supposed to take place at school for Austin, see what is working and what is not working.  How to make school a more successful place for him.  Meanwhile I am planning the Holiday Sing a Long fundraiser at our church.  We also have an appointment with Dr. Kwon today to follow up on Austin's meds to see how they are working and get refills. 

I work 7 days a week and I am on call 24 hours a day.  I even work holidays!  It might sound to you like I am complaining but really I am just trying to open the world's eyes to what it is like to be a parent of a child with special needs.  I have to fight hard to keep a good relationship with my daughter Grace too,  enjoying the role of assistant leader for her Girl Scout troop and getting to take her to her piano lessons each week and listen to her amazing talent as she learns. ( she has something I never had when I tried to learn piano, a good ear!) 

At the end of the day I would not change a thing about my family.  I am blessed to have married my best friend, and God gave us 2 wonderfully unique children.  I love them with all of my heart.

So as a right now we are not hiring and hopefully we never will. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment