Monday, November 28, 2011

Need a Vacation after our Vacation

Well, as you may have noticed I have not posted in awhile.  We were on vacation with Austin's grandparents.  Wish I could say it was an awesome break away from real life...the thing about real life is that it follows wherever you go.  We did have wonderful moments that created forever memories which we will treasure, but that was among the meltdowns and sensory overloads.  Thankfully we were somewhat prepared with his noise canceling headphones and his favorite games.  It's funny I never would have imagined that I would need to be sure and pack my 13 year old son's favorite pillow with us in order for him to sleep, or the he wouldn't want to be in the "cool" pool with the water slide but rather in the quiet pool.  Although even I appreciated that part!!  Our 10 year old daughter was amazing she did not get upset about the breaks that were needed or the fact that he would want to eat the same foods everyday.  We did really enjoy watching both of their faces when we ate at a Japanese restaurant where they prepare the food on the grill in front of you!  That was fun!!  After the long 10 days I was not only ready for my own bed to sleep in but a vacation from our vacation.  Maybe one of the days Jimmy and I will plan an adult only get away.  But for now it's back to reality and preparing for the Holiday season.   Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, we are very thankful for all of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment