Wednesday, November 9, 2011

IEP Meeting at the School Tomorrow

Well, I am sitting here typing this and praying at the same time that my stomach settles down.  Every time we have a meeting with the team at Austin's school my stomach is in knots until it's over.  This time especially.  I am not sure what to expect, I do know that our advocate that we hired will not be there in person but will be on conference call with us.  I can't explain what a relief it is having someone else on your side that truly understands what Austin's specific needs at school are.  He has so many different things to factor in, Asperger's, ADHD, Anxiety and his learning disability that it is very difficult for the school to accommodate all of his needs.  We understand this but also know that we have to make sure he is getting the education that he deserves.  I will be sure to post tomorrow to let you all know how it went.

Pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment