Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Challenges Part 1

Well this is going to have to be a two part posting because I don't want to overwhelm you all with a novel. ;o)  It has been a very difficult couple of days.  Yesterday Austin did leave school campus and walked home at about 9:50am.  Thankfully we were home and were able to evaluate the situation.  We will give more details on this later but as of now we don't have the full story.  We sooo appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers that they have been sending.  He is doing somewhat better and did go to school today.

What I really wanted to touch on was more of the challenges on us the parents.  It is so hard knowing what is the right direction to go and what is best for Austin.  Then even harder figuring out what would be best and not being able to provide that because of finances.  We are his Mom and Dad and it's our responsibility to provide for his needs.  When you can't do that you go through the emotions of feeling like a failure.  Intellectually I know that I am giving Austin all of the love and support I can, but my heart hurts knowing that there are things out there that would help him so much more that I can not afford.  Not just the Service Dog, but different therapies, camps, sensory tools etc.  Insurance doesn't cover most of the therapies and recently ours changed so none are covered.  Then of course I go to what should I be doing for Grace?  How is all of this affecting her, is she okay?

My husband said something funny to me last night when I was crying and upset about all of this, he was giving me a hug and said don't you wish you could just flip the switch on your emotions to off for a little while so you could relax?  Yes!!  Yes I do.  TV shows sometimes do that for me but mostly it's a good book.  Thank you Janet Evanovich, Lisa Jackson, Heather Graham, Karen Rose, Gena Showalter, JR Ward, Tess Gerriston without your great books to read the last few years would have been miserable.  So find yourself a good book and drown yourself in it for awhile, it works wonders.


No comments:

Post a Comment