Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Challenges Part II

Well, I thought I was going to be able to post this last week but Mother Nature interrupted our scheduled meeting so now you will have to wait until this weekend for an update on the school situation as we have not one but two meetings with the school this week.  Fun Stuff.

But this is a good time to let you know how Austin handled the power outages we here in the beautiful NW got to enjoy last week, although he enjoyed the snow and no school the power being gone was not so nice for any of us.  When it got to be 48 degrees in the house we chose to pack it up and head to Grandma and Grandpa's thank goodness for them and their warm house and electricity!  Austin missed all of his gadgets, DS, computer etc.  He actually played a game or two with the family. ;o)  He had one or two meltdowns and just when I thought he was going to explode we called home and found out our power was back.  Never been so happy to climb into bed that night.


Sunday we were getting ready for church and I was so pleasantly surprised when Austin asked if our new minister, Pastor Doug, would be there?   He did the Christmas Eve service and Austin really enjoyed his message and even turned off his DS to listen and pay attention, this is HUGE!  He does always have his noise reducing headphones on so that he can endure the choir and singing.  When I told yes he willingly came to service and enjoyed himself.  My faith is so important to me, God holds me up at times like this when I am feeling overwhelmed and at a loss I have to remind myself to let go and let God.  Easier said then done.  This morning I was heading into a dentist appointment listening to my Christian radio station when this song came on and I started to cry, I hope you will take a few minutes to listen to the words and know this exactly how I feel.  I would do anything for my children for their health and happiness.  http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=00CFCNNU

This afternoon we had another appointment with Austin's Dr. and we did have to put him on the Metformin to help with his weight gain and sugar levels.  He had gained another 6 lbs since November 18th.  Please pray with us that this gets under control and that his workouts with his Dad helps.  Also after much inquiring in tears he was able to convey to Dr. Kwon that he feels useless at school because of everything that is going on with his issues.  Admitted to him that he is depressed about the fact he can't do better.  So sad.

We are planning raffle to raise the money for his service dog.  So if you or your business has anything that you would like to donate to be raffles off please let us know.  It is a tax write off and we do have the tax ID number for ASDA also.

Thank You all So Much.  Holly






No comments:

Post a Comment